Minister of Foreign Affairs Marina Kaljurand stated, that Estonia condemns the unlawful conviction of Ukrainian citizens Oleg Sentsov and Alexander Kolchenko by the military court of Russia.25.08.2015
Welcome Statement by the Foreign Minister Marina Kaljurand to the members of the Institute of the International Law
It is a great honour and pleasure for me to welcome the members of the Institute of the International Law here in Tallinn. The gathering of a historic and Nobel Prize-awarded organisation in Estonia is a historic event for us and I would like to use this opportunity to thank Mr. Rein Müllerson for bringing this event and all of you to Tallinn.
Important web pages
Official name: Republic of Estonia
Short form: Estonia
National Day: Independence Day, 24 February.
Estonia declared its independence on this day in 1918.
Estonia became a NATO member state on 29 March 2004.
Estonia became a European Union member state on 1 May 2004.
- Estonia at a Glance
- Business in Estonia
- Estonian Holidays in 2014
- Estonia’s Blue-Black-White Tricolour Flag
- Estonian Links
Hot topics and key events
- Estonian Presidency of the CBSS 2014 - 2015
- Tallinn Agenda for Freedom Online
- 10 years after NATO Membership
- Estonia – 10 Years in the European Union
- 2014 will end ISAF mission
- NATO Summit on September 4-5, 2014
- Estonia is a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) for the years 2013-2015
Ambassador to the International Criminal Court issues
Get closer acquainted with Estonia, coming here for a visit, studies, business or investments!
Get closer acquainted with Estonia and see what are the most important facts and main areas of activity here.
transformed itself into
one of Europe’s business success stories of the last decade, mainly thanks to the sophisticated e-solutions available here.
Follow our updates in social media