You are here

Return of overpaid or incorrectly paid state fees

If you have paid state fees incorrectly or overpaid the necessary sum, you have the right to request a return of the state fee within two years since the end of the year in which the state fee was paid.
To request the return of state fee you are asked to submit a written application to the Foreign Ministry either by post or by e-mail.

Please send the filled application along with the supporting document for the state fee payment to the address:  Välisministeerium, Konsulaarosakond, Islandi väljak 1, 15049 Tallinn. Digitally signed application please send to

For additional information: 6 377 440,

23.07.2021 - 09:45Microsoft Office document icon application_for_reimbursement_of_the_state_fee.doc40.5 KBdoc
Last updated: 23 July 2021

About Estonia

Get closer acquainted with Estonia, coming here for a visit, studies, business or investments!

Official Estonian Gateway

Get closer acquainted with Estonia and see what are the most important facts and main areas of activity here.

Digital Society

Estonia has
transformed itself into
one of Europe’s business success stories of the last decade, mainly thanks to the sophisticated e-solutions available here.