This list of supporting documents is non-exhaustive and provides examples of possible supporting documents.
Supporting documents that prove the purpose of travel, means of transportation and return, means of subsistence and existence of accommodation.
- written confirmation from the company organising the meeting, conference, etc.
- documents that prove the existence of business ties
- invitations/tickets to a fair or seminar
- documents that certify the applicant’s connection to or status in a company
Tourism or personal travel:
- documents confirming accommodation (hotel reservation, a letter or email that confirms that the host will provide accommodation for the visa applicant)
- travel package
- copies of travel tickets
Documents that certify the applicant’s intention to leave the Schengen area upon the expiration of the visa:
- return tickets
- documents that confirm sufficient means of subsistence
- proof of employment
- proof of real estate in the country of residence
- proof of ties with the country of residence (family ties, professional status)
Documents that prove relationship to host
- Documents stating marital or family status (marriage certificate, birth certificate)
- Letter/e-mail written by the host